Vegan Parmesan Cheese
This easy vegan parmesan cheese doesn’t need any food processor to make, it is so easy and flavorful it can be made in minutes using almond flour, nutritional yeast flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
1/4 cup Nutritional yeast flakes
What Is Vegan Parmesan Cheese Made Out Of?
Vegan parmesan is made out of 5 simple Ingredients:
- Almond Flour – blanched almond flour gives a great texture to your parmesan cheese, almond has three times more fiber than cashews. Almonds are higher in unsaturated fats and lower in saturated fats than cashews. Richer in calcium (6 times), almond is one of the best sources of Vitamin E.
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes – Nutritional yeast gives vegan parmesan its cheesy taste, it is a great source of Vitamin B12 for vegans. It is a deactivated yeast. If you like finer grade yeast flakes, purchase nutritional yeast flakes in powdered form instead of the flakes.
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
What Can I Use Parmesan Cheese For?
No need to buy storebought parmesan like Violife or Go Veggie vegan parmesan anymore, now you can make your own amazing homemade version that tastes absolutely delicious. Below are 10 uses for parmesan cheese:
- Use to flavor steamed vegetables.
- Use to flavor pasta dishes.
- Add parmesan cheese to your tomato sauce.
- Add it to your pesto sauce.
- Add to vegetable broth.
- Add to soups and stews.
- Add to roast vegetables.
- Topping for your vegan pizza.
- Add to salads.
- Top vegan Mac and cheese.
- Mix with extra-virgin olive oil and salt to taste to make a bread dip.
- Add to your vegan popcorn.